Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Testimonial - From Venezuela

On the local paper, here in Caracas - Venezuela, yesterday I read with great excitement the news about the participation of the children of the Countryside Montessori School on the occasion of the Venezuelan Youth Symphonic Orchestra and Dudamel's performance in Chicago this weekend.

Wow!! I got so excited telling my friends that my kids had attended that school!!

Allow me to give you a quick update:
I moved to Venezuela four years ago, long story behind such a move. I am busy managing the family's dairy farm.

Maria is graduating next year from Emerson in Boston, her major is English and her love is theater and creative writing. She will be doing an internship in stage management with the Goodman Theatre in Chicago this summer.

Rafael is graduating from Harvard this June with three degrees: Applied Mathematics, Economics, and Computer Science. He has already been hired by a trading firm in Chicago. Black Box trading and Econometrics are his love.

I have many reasons to be proud of my kids' accomplishments.

I must also give you thanks, Annette and Frank, because it was in your wonderful school that my children got their start in life. It was there that they acquired their love of learning. It was there that your genuine interest and love helped Josefina and I to be better parents.

Hector Garcia, Former Countryside Parent